Forms & Resources
The following forms are commonly used by Chaminade student organizations and clubs. If you have any questions or need assistance filling these out, do not hesitate to stop by the OSAL Office for help in Clarence T.C. Ching Hall, Room 106.
Forms on PresenceFor up-to-date information on club and wellness events, contact information, and activity forms, visit Presence.
Club registration can be found on Presence under the “Forms” tab. Clubs must provide the following to be eligible for registration:
- Ensure all Advances from the previous semester are reconciled with the Business Office. (renewing clubs and organizations only)
- Have completed Community Service for the previous semester; [half + 1] Club/Org members must have participated. (renewing clubs and organizations only)
- Submit a Budget Proposal, Club Roster (including officers and an Advisor), and Constitution/Bylaws through the Club Registration Form by the 3rd Wednesday of the school year.
Club and Organization Event Planning Information and Forms
Student Clubs/Organizations sponsoring or co-sponsoring an event on or off campus must complete the following process:
Complete an Event Registration form on Presence at least 10 Business days prior to the date of event. Event Registration can be found on Presence. *You must be logged into Presence to access. For details/ questions about each aspect of your event, see below.
** IF YOUR EVENT IS APPROVED, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTING THE EVENT ON PRESENCE, YOUR EVENT REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT THIS STEP. (Log in – Admin – Create Event Button)** IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE PROCESS YOUR FUNDS ARE AT RISK OF BEING FROZEN.
- Event Registration Forms will only be accepted at least 10 business days prior to your event. If the event is not submitted at least 10 business days in advance and you have not made special arrangements with the OSAL office, your event will not be approved. *NOTE- If you are in need of facilities, IT, catering, etc. for your event, you must leave at least 48 hours’ time for approval in order to make the other reservations before 10 business days. Please consult the University Events calendar when planning activities to avoid conflicts. *REMINDER: Student Clubs/Organizations are not allowed to hold events during finals week or the weekend leading up to finals week.
- Space and Room Reservations will only be accepted at least 10 business days prior to your event. Here is a list of contact information based on room/space.
|Room/Facility to be Reserved||Contact Office||Contact Number|
|Clarence T.C. Ching Conference Center||Facilities||808-735-4869|
|Henry Hall Courtyard||Facilities||808-735-4869|
|Residence Hall Lounges/Spaces||Residential Life||808-739-4648|
|Silversword Café||Dining Services||808-739-4621|
|Vi & Paul Loo Student Center||OSAL||808-739-8556|
- IT requests (for speakers, microphones, etc.) must be made through myschoolbuilding.com by your clubs adviser at LEAST 10 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT
- Aramark Catering can now be done at chaminade.catertrax.com/ and MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 10 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT.
- Van Request must be submitted at least 7 business days in advance. Van requests are made on the campus portal (https://portal.chaminade.edu ) via Menu– Resources – Calendar Center – Van Calendar –Van Request Form. *CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS MUST PROVIDE THE EVENT CONFIRMATION NUMBER GIVEN TO YOU AFTER YOUR EVENT IS APPROVED*You may receive your EVENT PIN from the Admin tab on Presence – Events – Events PIN on the right of your screen.
- Fundraising: On and off -campus fundraising events are required to submit an Event Registration Form at least 10 business days prior to the event AND must be approved by the Office of Institutional Advancement 3 weeks prior to the event. Car washes require an Event Registration Form at least 15 business days in advance to the event.
- Alcohol Request Forms can be found in OSAL, visit us for more information. Please review the Alcohol Policy prior to visiting
- If your event requires a waiver, waivers can be found on in the Waivers option on when creating an event in Presence. The OSAL office will be able to inform you of which waivers are needed depending on the nature of your event.
Club and Organization Community Service Form and Information
Student Clubs/Organizations are required to fulfill one community service event each semester. The Community Service Form can be found on Presence. Forms and is due before the last day of classes each semester.
- Projects and outreach that will be considered Community Service are defined under “Programming”. In order for the Community Service requirement to be fulfilled, a Student Club/Organization must turn in the form (no paper copies will be accepted, only available on Presence), in addition to:
- Sign-in sheet listing the names of all members who attended; a total of [half + 1] of your membership must attend.
- Verification from the site manager that your Club/Organization completed the service on the particular day. Verification can come in multiple forms:
- Email from organizational account (i.e. @bbh.org)
- Memo to the Director from the organization on official letterhead (Can be attached as PDF on form)
- Photographic evidence of the attending Club/Organization members standing with the organization’s sign and/or with the site manager.
Student Clubs/Orgs will only be credited with having completed their service if it meets the following guidelines:
- PREFERABLE: Service related to Club/Organization mission.
- Service to a historically underrepresented/under-privileged group
- If you are not sure what groups fall into this category, contact the Office of Student Activities & Leadership at (808) 735-8556.
- Service with an outside organization or community
- Projects directly benefitting Chaminade offices/departments will not be considered service
Failure to complete community service projects will result in a zero funding the following semester. It is recommended that all student organizations plan their community service projects in advance to ensure they follow the guidelines and definition.
Student Organization Finances
Cash Receipts Transmittal Form
Use this form to add money to your club balance. After completing the form, bring it to OSAL with the cash or checks attached. Examples of when you use this form include:
- After collecting club dues
- Returning left-over money you received in the form of an Advance
- When receiving donations
Check Request Form
This form is to be filled out whenever you are requesting that a check be made out to you or a 3rd party individual/vendor. Examples of when you use this form include:
- When requesting a reimbursement
- When requesting an Advance
- When requesting a check be made out to a performer (or other outside individual/company) that your club hired
Expense Report for Advance
Fill this form out whenever you received money in the form of an Advance. This form MUST be filled out and returned to OSAL with the left-over money attached within 3 days of the event you requested the money for. Examples of when you use this form include:
- You are making your own PIR/Extravaganza costumes and must purchase supplies
- You are purchasing food/materials for a large event
- You have scheduled a performer/outside individual to lead an event and you want to have a check to give them as soon as they have completed their obligation
Fund Transfer (Available at OSAL Office)
This form is used when transferring money from your club account to another club’s account, or a CUH office account. Examples of when you use this form include:
- Transferring money to a club with whom you co-sponsor an event
- Transferring funds to Campus Ministry for Christmas Off-Campus
- Transferring money to OSAL (or another office) after they make a purchase on your club’s behalf on their departmental Charge Card
Private Vendor Form (Available at OSAL Office)
Unsure if a business/individual with whom you are working provides an itemized receipt? Have the vendor sign and date this form after you have provided complete cost details. Examples of when you use this form include:
- When you need a receipt to provide the Business Office for a yoga class led by an individual that you pay with club funds
- If you want to be reimbursed after making a purchase on behalf of your club from a farmer’s market that doesn’t give receipts”
W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number
All first-time vendors must complete this form to be registered with the Business Office. All individuals, performers, and businesses (that your club plans to pay with a check addressed directly to them from CUH) must complete this form and return to you.